KML rendering with exportGge can be obtained in two ways:
- clicking on google earth icon in the toolbar
- making a query using rectangle, circle ...
- clicking on OpenLayers icon in the toolbar
1. This will create a "snapshot" KML of the current view. KML will contain:
- a <NetworkLink> called "Live WMS layers" with all the bitmap representation of the layers selected in the current view
- a <GroundOverlay> linking to the generated map of the current view
- multiple <Placemark> with a point, line or polygon KML representation for each feature of the mapfile layer visible in the current view. Layer must have been configured for querying (TEMPLATE + METADATA configuration).
2. This allows exporting individual KML files for each layer (limited to the queried extent, just as exportCSV plugin) or a general layer containing everything described in 1. ( except placemarks are limited to the queried extent). Each KML can be viewed with google maps.
3. Clicking on the OpenLayers icon allows to view the layers inside the browser using the google earth plugin.
Additional links are available after making a query to allow exporting selected data to :
- yahoo maps via geoJSON
- virtual earth via geoRSS
- raw geoRSS
- raw geoJSON
- google maps via geoRSS / KML ( requires public IP )
- google maps using google maps and google earth API ( requires public IP )